2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design Pocket Guide
205 Operable Parts
Operable parts on accessible elements, accessible routes, and in accessible rooms and spaces shall comply with 309.
EXCEPTIONS: 1. Operable parts that are intended for use only by service or maintenance personnel shall not be required to comply with 309.
2. Electrical or communication receptacles serving a dedicated use shall not be required to comply with 309.
3. Where two or more outlets are provided in a kitchen above a length of counter top that is uninterrupted by a sink or appliance, one outlet shall not be required to comply with 309.
4. Floor electrical receptacles shall not be required to comply with 309.
5. HVAC diffusers shall not be required to comply with 309.
6. Except for light switches, where redundant controls are provided for a single element, one control in each space shall not be required to comply with 309.
7. Cleats and other boat securement devices shall not be required to comply with 309.3.
8. Exercise machines and exercise equipment shall not be required to comply with 309.
Advisory 205.1 General. Controls covered by 205.1 include, but are not limited to, light switches, circuit breakers, duplexes and other convenience receptacles, environmental and appliance controls, plumbing fixture controls, and security and intercom systems.
- Official Federal Documents (11)
- Standards (4)
- Technical Assistance Documents (6)
- Preamble to Guidelines (1)
- Other Access Requirements (10)
- Regulations (1)
- Codes and Standards including State and Local (9)
2019 California Standards for Accessible Design Guide (effective January 1, 2020) (1)
2012 Florida Accessibility Code for Building Construction Pocket Guide (2)
2012 Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS) Pocket Guide (2)
2016 California Standards for Accessible Design Pocket Guide - Eff. Jan. 1, 2017 (2)
2013 California Standards for Accessible Design Pocket Guide (2)
- Corada Voices (2)
- Other Access Publications (1)
- Products and Additional Resources (29)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (2)
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.