ZoomText is the world's leading magnification and screen reading software for the visually impaired and helps countless individuals across the globe stay employed and in touch with the world.
There are two versions available - ZoomText Magnifier, which will enlarge and enhance everything on your computer screen with perfect clarity, making all of your applications easy to see and use; and ZoomText Magnifier/Reader, which includes all the great features of ZoomText Magnifier, and will additionally read aloud anything on your computer screen. Sit back as email, documents, and webpages are read aloud to you right through your computer's speakers, letting you relax your eyes even more.
ZoomText is the world’s leading magnification and screen reading software for the visually impaired and helps countless individuals across the globe stay employed and in touch with the world. Here is an outline of the features, with a note indicating which features are exclusive to ZoomText 10.1. ZoomText Magnifier/Reader contains all of the features of ZoomText Magnifier, and will additionally read aloud anything on your computer screen.
xFont technology displays high-definition text that’s easy to read at all magnification levels. Smooth, bold and condense settings allow you to fine-tune the thickness and spacing of text for added legibility.
Full range of magnification levels up to 36x (up to 60x in Windows 8). Levels include: 1x to 8x in steps of 1, 10x to 16x in steps of 2, 20x to 36x in steps of 4, and fractional powers of 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x and 2.5x. 30 levels of magnification in ZoomText 10.1: 1x to 2x in steps of 0.2; 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, 4.5x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x; 10x to 16x in steps of 2; 20x to 36x in steps of 4; 42x, 48x, 54x, and 60x.
Support for Touch Screen Devices
ZoomText follows along as you tap, drag and swipe your way through all of your applications. And you can instantly access key ZoomText features using the ZoomText Touch Icon and gestures. Note: Requires a 5-point or greater multi-touch device.
Powerful Zoom Windows
9 different zoom windows (8 in ZoomText 10.1) allow you to choose which part of the screen is magnified.
Enhanced Screen Colors
Innovative color controls improve screen clarity and reduce eyestrain. Special effects include color dyes, two-color modes and replacement of problem colors.
Visible Pointers and Cursors
Size and color enhancements make it easy to see the mouse pointer. Special locators make it easier to follow the mouse pointer and text cursor as they move across the screen. New in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8 are smoothed mouse pointers, which are more pleasing to look at and use.
Makes it easy to locate and follow the control focus when you navigate through application menus, dialogs and other application controls.
Navigating your applications and scrolling the view is always smooth and comfortable. Constrained mouse movement allows you to examine rows and columns, and keeps you within the active window.
Dual Monitor Support
Use two monitors to expand your magnified viewing area, or use the second monitor to share a magnified or unmagnified view of your desktop with another person or group. Coming soon for Windows 8.
The ZoomText Camera feature allows you to use any high-definition (HD) webcam to view and magnify printed items and other objects right on your computer screen—including bills, magazines, photographs, medicine labels, craft items and more.
Enhanced Web Finder
ZoomText’s Enhanced Web Finder allows you to search webpages for specific words or phrases, or skim through pages to find items of interest. When an item of interest is found you can have Web Finder start reading aloud from that location (Magnifier/Reader only). If the item is a link to another page you can have Web Finder execute the link and continue your search on the new page.
Desktop Finder helps you find and launch programs and documents on your desktop, system tray and quick launch bar.
Text Finder helps you locate words, phrases and topics of interest in documents, web pages, and application windows.
Coming soon for Windows 8.
Save unique settings for each application that you use. As you switch applications, ZoomText automatically loads the desired settings.
Special Application Support
Built-in support for popular applications – including Internet Explorer (IE 10 supported in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook; Office 2013 is supported in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8), Adobe, Firefox, OpenOffice, iTunes and Java – allow you to navigate your documents with 100% accuracy.
Full Windows Logon Support (with ZoomText Logon UI)
ZoomText’s logon support provides essential magnification and screen reading features when logging into Windows.
Includes all of the above ZoomText Magnifier features, plus:
Complete Screen Reading
ZoomText automatically speaks all program controls, including menus, dialogs, list views and messages. Three verbosity levels give you complete control over the amount of information spoken.
‘NeoSpeech’ Synthesizer Voices
NeoSpeech provides human-sounding male and female voices that are closer to the real thing than ever before (English only). ZoomText also includes classic TruVoice and Microsoft speech synthesizers.
Automatic Document Reading
ZoomText’s AppReader automatically reads documents, web pages and email within the parent application. ZoomText’s DocReader reads documents in a special environment where text is reformatted for easier viewing.
The ZoomText Recorder allows you to turn text from documents, webpages, email, etc. into audio recordings that you can transfer to on your mobile device and listen to at your convenience. Recordings can be saved directly to a ZoomText Recorder playlist in iTunes or Windows Media Player and automatically synced to your mobile device.
ZoomText Background Reader
ZoomText’s Background Reader allows you to listen to documents, webpages, email, etc. while you simultaneously perform other tasks. You simply select the text you want to listen to and press the Background Reader hotkey, Background Reader begins reading the text while you go about other work. At any time you can pause and resume reading and skim forward and backward by word or sentence.
Reading Zones allow you to instantly see and hear selected locations in your applications. Define up to 10 zones per application that you can trigger via pop-up menu or keyboard commands.
Full Internet Accessibility
ZoomText reads any web page, in the proper reading order. You can read automatically or manually navigate by word, line, sentence and paragraph.
Navigation keys make it easy to read while creating and editing documents. With simple commands you can read by character, word, line, sentence and paragraph, even while selecting text.
Each key or word that you type is automatically spoken. You can choose to have all keys spoken or only selected groups of keys.
Mouse echo automatically reads text that you point to. Single words or complete lines of text are spoken instantly or after hovering briefly.
The SpeakIt tool allows you to read selected areas of the screen by clicking or dragging the mouse.
Special Application Support
Built-in support for popular applications – including Internet Explorer (IE 10 supported in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook; Office 2013 is supported in ZoomText 10.1), Adobe, Firefox, OpenOffice, iTunes and Java – allow you to read and navigate your documents with 100% accuracy.
The following hardware and software are required to run ZoomText 10.1:
Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
Processor: 2 GHz single core or 1 GHz dual core
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
Recommended: 4 GB or higher
Graphics card with support for DirectX 9.1 or above
Recommended: DirectX 10 or later
Recommended: 256 MB dedicated video memory
Hard disk space: 100 MB for US English, 350 MB for International versions
5-point multi-touch display required for ZoomText Touch Mode support (touch support in Windows 8 only, not available yet in 8.1)
USB 2.0 (for ZoomText Camera support)
Manufacturer's Compliance Claim
Ai Squared has been a leader in the assistive technology field for over 20 years
Not applicable; There are no technical requirements in the 2010 ADA Standards for this product
- Non-Architectural Product
- Corada Voices (1)
- Products and Additional Resources (70)
- Products (70)
- ADA Veracity ADA Pro Application
- Accessibility Management Platform (AMP) Digital Accessibility Tool by SSB BART Group
- Accessibility Management Platform (AMP) for Mobile Accessibility Tool by SSB BART Group
- Acoustiguide Custom Mobile Applications for Exhibitions and Multimedia Content
- Acoustiguide Custom Multimedia Content Application
- Acoustiguide Guide U+ Tour Guiding System
- Acoustiguide Location-based Content Service
- Acoustiguide Mobile Application Platform with Assistive Technology
- Acoustiguide Opus Click™ Multimedia Museum Guide
- Acoustiguide Opus Touch™ Museum Guide with Touchscreen
- Acoustiguide Opus+ Multimedia Guiding System
- Acoustiguide exSite Series Wand-Style Audio Guide
- Ai Squared ZoomText Magnifier
- Alertus Alert Beacons®
- Alertus Desktop Notification
- Alertus Text-To-Speech Self Amplified Speaker
- Alertus VoIP Phone Notification
- Alertus Voice Public Address System Interface
- Allegion aptiQmobile Credentials Mobile Application
- AssistiveWare Keeble Accessible Keyboard
- AssistiveWare News-2-You
- AssistiveWare Proloquo2Go
- AssistiveWare Proloquo4Text Communication App
- Audio Description Associates Audio Description Services
- BeamPro by Suitable Technology, Inc Telepresence Robot
- BlindSquare App
- BlueDAG Software and Mobile Application
- Blueraven Creative SensoryPEN™ for Exhibits and Audio Tours
- Braille Works
- ClickAndGo Navigation Wayfinding Technology
- ClickAndGo Tactile Maps
- Double Robotics, Inc. Telepresence Robot
- Durateq® Handheld ATV (Assistive Technology Version) Device
- Durateq® Stadium Captioning
- Election Systems & Software ADA Keypad - Accuvote TSX And TS
- Election Systems & Software ADA Sip-N-Puff - AutoMark
- Election Systems & Software AuroMARK Ballot - Marking Devices
- Estimote Beacons and Stickers Wireless Sensors for Contextual Awareness
- Freedom Scientific Focus 14 Blue Ultra-Portable Braille Interface Device
- HumanWare Trekker Breeze+ Handheld Talking GPS
- JAWS Screen Reader for Windows
- Lake Ledge Naturalist Audio Description
- Lake Ledge Naturalist Discovery Pen
- Livescribe 3 Smartpen
- Livescribe Echo® Smartpen
- Locus Labs Inc. LocusMaps SDK
- McGuire Associates Disability Evacuation Plan (DEP)
- Merlin Elite – HD/OCR Video Magnifier
- NavCog Navigation iPhone App
- NetCentric Technologies Inc. CommonLook PDF GlobalAccess Software
- NetCentric Technologies Inc. CommonLook PDF Validator Software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium & Home Speech Recognition Software
- Origin Instruments Corporation AirVoter Sanitary Sip-Puff Switch for Voting
- Origin Instruments Corporation HeadMouse® Extreme Wireless Head Controlled Mouse
- Perkins Access Digital Accessibility Services
- Power PDF Standard 2 Software
- Q90 Corporation CIL Management Suite Software
- ROXIMITY's Model O iBeacon
- ROXIMITY's Model X iBeacon
- Reasonable Accommodation Management Software
- Sensible Innovations AWARE App
- Signaids App to Use with Signaids Signs
- Structure Sensor 3D Depth Scanning Software for 3D Imaging and Printing
- Tobii Technology PCEye Go
- Products (70)