28 CFR Part 35 Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in State and Local Government Services (2010 ADA Title II Regulations with amendments issued through Aug. 2016)
§ 35.161 Telecommunications.
(a) Where a public entity communicates by telephone with applicants and beneficiaries, text telephones (TTYs) or equally effective telecommunications systems shall be used to communicate with individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or have speech impairments.
(b) When a public entity uses an automated-attendant system, including, but not limited to, voice mail and messaging, or an interactive voice response system, for receiving and directing incoming telephone calls, that system must provide effective real-time communication with individuals using auxiliary aids and services, including TTYs and all forms of FCC-approved telecommunications relay system, including Internet-based relay systems.
(c) A public entity shall respond to telephone calls from a telecommunications relay service established under title IV of the ADA in the same manner that it responds to other telephone calls.
- Federal Documents (4)
- Regulations (2)
- Technical Assistance (1)
- Preamble to Regulations (1)
- Rulemaking Process Documents (3)
- NPRMS (3)
- 28 CFR Part 35 Title II Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Preamble (published 2008) (1)
- 28 CFR Part 35 Title II Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) (published 2008) (2)
- NPRMS (3)
- Products and Additional Resources (9)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (7)
- Official Technical Assistance (1)
- Product Demonstration or Information (2)
- Spirit of the ADA (4)
- Links (5)
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.