36 CFR Part 1191 ABA Accessibility Guidelines, Outdoor Developed Areas - Preamble
F246 Viewing Areas
This section contains the scoping requirements for viewing areas, other than viewing areas on trails. The scoping requirements for viewing areas on trails are contained in F247.4.3. The term viewing area is defined in F106.5 as an outdoor space developed for viewing a landscape, wildlife, or other points of interest.
This section requires each distinct viewing location within a viewing area to comply with the technical requirements for viewing areas in 1015. Viewing areas can provide more than one distinct viewing location. For example, a viewing area can provide a distinct viewing location for observing a mountain range, and another distinct viewing location for observing a river. Distinct viewing locations within a viewing area can be designated by signs or other markers.
This section requires at least 20 percent, but not less than one, of each type of outdoor constructed feature provided within viewing areas to comply with the applicable technical requirements in 1011.
This section requires at least one outdoor recreation access route to connect accessible parking spaces or other site arrival points serving the viewing area with accessible elements, spaces, and facilities provided within the viewing area.
- Federal Documents (2)
- State and Local Documents (5)
- Guidelines (5)
- 36 CFR Part 1191 ABA Accessibility Guidelines, Outdoor Developed Areas (2)
- 2013 Forest Service Outdoor Recreation Accessibility Guidelines (FSORAG) (1)
- Accessibility Guidebook for Outdoor Recreation and Trails (1)
- Outdoor Developed Areas: A Summary of Accessibility Standards for Federal Outdoor Developed Areas (1)
- Guidelines (5)
- Upcoming Events (4)
- SoCal CASI 2016 Summer Seminar: Accessibility Requirements: Recreation Facilities & Outdoor Developed Areas
- CASI 2016 Summer Seminar Webinar: Accessibility Requirements: Recreation Facilities & Outdoor Developed Areas
- NorCal CASI 2016 Summer Seminar: Accessibility Requirements: Recreation Facilities & Outdoor Developed Areas
- Accessible Outdoor Recreation Trails, Camping, and Picnic Areas Webinar
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.