The mission of the DC Office of Disability Rights (ODR) is to ensure that the programs, services, benefits, activities and facilities operated or funded by the District of Columbia are fully accessible to, and useable by people with disabilities. ODR is committed to inclusion, community-based services, and self-determination for people with disabilities. ODR is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the City's obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as well as other disability rights laws.
- Investigation of discrimination complaints.
- ADA training and technical assistance for District agencies.
- Oversight of ADA Compliance within District government through monitoring of agencies’ ADA plans.
- Work with agencies’ designated ADA Coordinator.
- Olmstead (community integration) planning.
- Policy and budget recommendations for improving District access to people with disabilities.