The National Center for Mobility Management is a national technical assistance center funded through a cooperative agreement with the Federal Transit Administration, and operated through a consortium of three national organizations—the American Public Transportation Association, the Community Transportation Association of America, and Easterseals Inc. Learn more about us by downloading our brochure (pdf or Word doc).
The mission of the Center is to promote customer-centered mobility strategies that advance good health, economic vitality, self-sufficiency, and community.
The Center’s primary activities support mobility management professionals, Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grantees, and partners in adopting proven, sustainable, and replicable strategies that achieve its mission. These activities are described below.
- Provide assistance to communities through NCMM Regional Liaisons, a peer-to-peer network, short-term technical assistance, web resources, and one-on-one phone and e-mail support
- Deliver in-person and virtual trainings, a monthly e-newsletter, webinars, and conference calls
- Disseminate descriptions of relevant promising practices
- Collaborate with mobility management practitioners through several communication forums
- Align and support the goals and activities of the federal Coordinating Council on Access and Mobility (CCAM) and the Federal Transit Administration