Withdrawn Technical Assistance: COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SERVICE ANIMALS IN PLACES OF BUSINESS
- 1. Q: What are the laws that apply to my business?
- 2. Q: What is a service animal?
- 3. Q: How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?
- 4. Q: What must I do when an individual with a service animal comes to my business?
- 5. Q: I have always had a clearly posted "no pets" policy at my establishment. Do I still have to allow service animals in?
- 6. Q: My county health department has told me that only a guide dog has to be admitted. If I follow those regulations, am I violating the ADA?
- 7. Q: Can I charge a maintenance or cleaning fee for customers who bring service animals into my business?
- 8. Q: I operate a private taxicab and I don't want animals in my taxi; they smell, shed hair and sometimes have "accidents." Am I violating the ADA if I refuse to pick up someone with a service animal?
- 9. Q: Am I responsible for the animal while the person with a disability is in my business?
- 10. Q: What if a service animal barks or growls at other people, or otherwise acts out of control?
- 11. Q: Can I exclude an animal that doesn't really seem dangerous but is disruptive to my business?
(Or click here to view the full document)