CalCasp Academy - September 2018
September 24-27, 2018   |   Organized by: California Certified Accessibility Specialists, Inc.
Date/Time: September 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th 2018; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
Location: Doubletree by Hilton Ontario Airport, 222 N. Vineyard Avenue, Ontario, CA 91764
Instructors: Mark Wood, CBO, CASp and Paul Klein, CBO, CASp
FOUR FULL DAYS OF ENGAGING AND PRACTICAL DISABLED ACCESS TRAINING
CalCasp provides one of the industry's most respected training programs specifically designed for those pursuing a thorough and comprehensive understanding of State and Federal Access laws, codes and regulations. Academy membership includes access to numerous online learning resources as well as attendance to all of our 4-day live training academies in Sacramento or Ontario CA. Four full days of engaging and practical disabled access training will cover all aspects of State and Federal law including all of the recommended study areas listed by the Division of the State Architect (DSA) in the CASp examination preparation list. The CalCasp Academy qualifies for continued education in accessibility with the California Architects Board (CAB) for license renewal as well the required CEU's for DSA CASp renewal. A CalCasp Academy Membership allows you to gain CEU's in person, online or both.
Who It's For
Persons with a fundamental knowledge of state and federal access laws, including; contractors, inspectors, plans examiners, building officials, architects, engineers, certified access specialists (CASp's), design professionals and those preparing for the Certified Access Specialist Examination. Many have found this program invaluable in "pulling it together" and continuing to increase their knowledge in disabled access. Facility managers, building owners, and attorneys have also found this program instrumental helping them recognize issues, discovering solutions, and understand the relationships, differences, and similarities between the many disabled access laws.
Who It's Not For
Persons looking for CASp exam answers or memorization courses in order to "pass" the exam or for anyone who does not care about disabled access.
Attendance to ALL 4 Day CalCasp Academy Live Training Sessions. THATS RIGHT ALL! As long as you are a member in good standing, you may attend our 4 day live Academy. This is great for staying up on current codes, getting CEU's and/or continuing to increase your knowledge in disabled access requirements.
Any Device Any Time Access To All of Our Online Training Courses
Access to our comprehensive accessibility reference library
Access to Monthly Webinars and Code Calls
Yearly CEU's for Architects & Certified Access Specialists (CASp's)
(PDF) Certificates of Completion and California Architects Board Course Documentation Forms for all courses and classes completed
(PDF) Certificates of Completion and DSA Required Course Documentation for all courses and classes completed
Gain your CEU's in person, online or both. It's up to you.
Immediate Access After Checkout
Current Members, Please Contact Us For RSVP Instructions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost - $899.00 CalCasp Academy Membership
Early Bird Discount Ends July 31st!
Use Coupon Code: calcasp2018
To register please click here
- Official Federal Documents (1)
- Other Access Requirements (2)
- Codes and Standards including State and Local (2)
2016 California Standards for Accessible Design Pocket Guide - Eff. Jan. 1, 2017 (1)
2013 California Standards for Accessible Design Pocket Guide (1)
- Codes and Standards including State and Local (2)
- Corada Voices (6)
- Products and Additional Resources (21)
- Products (21)
- ADA Helper App
- ADA Veracity ADA Pro Application
- AbleRoad™ App
- Beneficial Designs High Efficiency Trail Assessment Process (HETAP) Software 3.0 Wheeled Instrumentation Sensor Package for Data Collection
- Beneficial Designs Public Rights of Way Assessment Process (PROWAP)
- Beneficial Designs The Universal Trail Assessment Process (UTAP)
- BlueDAG Software and Mobile Application
- Bosch 3 Point Self Leveling Alignment Laser Level GPL 3 S
- Bosch 3-Point Self-Leveling Alignment Laser GPL 3
- Bosch Five-Point Self-Leveling Alignment Laser GPL 5 S
- Husky 10" Multi-Function Standard Digital Level
- Husky 24" Line Generator Digital Laser Level
- Inclusion Solutions Surveying Polling Places
- M-D Building Products, Inc. GEN2 SmartTool™ Digital Level
- M-D Building Products, Inc. GEN3 SmartTool™ Digital Level
- Sears Brands, LLC Craftsman 10 in. Digital LaserTrac® Level
- Sears Brands, LLC Craftsman 24 in. Digital LaserTrac® Level
- Sears Brands, LLC Craftsman Digital Torpedo Level
- Shepherd Center’s SCI-Ex App
- Stabila, Inc. Magnetic Tech Digital Electronic Level Type 96M-2
- Stabila, Inc. Tech Digital Electronic Level Type 196-2
- Products (21)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (48)
- Demonstrations of ADA Requirements (1)
- Design Solution (4)
- FAQs (1)
- How to Measure (2)
- Product Demonstration or Information (8)
- ADA Pro App: how to use ADA Pro v1
- AbleRoad: An app and website that connects people with accessible places
- BlueDAG Evaluation Suite Commercial
- Bosch Power Tools - GPL-3 3 Point Laser
- Introducing ADA Pro and ADA Veracity, mobile inspection suite
- Overview of BlueDAG's Evaluation Suite
- Stabila, Inc. Magnetic TECH Digital Electronic Level Video
- Title II ADA Requirements Software BlueDAG
- Spirit of the ADA (32)
- 2017 National ADA Symposium
- AIA An Architect's Story: Chris Downey
- Addressing Accessibility in Capital Needs: Part 1 - HUD - 5/18/12
- Amos Winter: The cheap all-terrain wheelchair | TED Talks
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 10 - Restroom Fixtures
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 11 - Stairs
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 12 - Elevators
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 13 - Alarms
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 14 - Tips and Resources
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 2 - Parking
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 3 - Path of Travel
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 4 - Ramps
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 5 - Curb Ramps
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 6 - Doors
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 7 - Halls and Fountains
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 9 - Restroom Clear Space
- Chris Downey: Design with the blind in mind | TED Talks
- Disability Access - Tips for the small business
- Driving a Wheelchair Motorcycle in Indonesia - Rolling On, Episode 2
- Employment Today - Chapter 4 - Accessible Interviews
- Exploring São Paulo in a Wheelchair - Rolling On, Episode 3
- How You Can Help People in Wheelchairs Navigate Their City
- Jack Catlin, Part 05 of 07: "Chicago has become Accessible"
- Jack Catlin, Part 07 of 07: "Becoming an Activist Architect"
- John Hockenberry: We are all designers | TED Talks
- Rolling On: Stories About Wheelchair Accessibility Around the World
- Tokyo by Wheelchair: How a Race Car Driver Adapted to a New Life - Rolling On, Episode 6
- What It's Like to Navigate Chicago in a Wheelchair - Rolling On, Episode 1
- What the Wilderness is Like for Someone in a Wheelchair - Rolling On, Episode 4
- When we design for disability, we all benefit | Elise Roy | TED Talks
- Why Corada?
- Upcoming Events (17)
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 037 – Fire Station Accessibility, Dental Office Exam Rooms & SFD’s & Apartments on State Owned Land
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 038 - How Do You Measure The 36" x 36" ISA? Nursing Home Canopy And Is Accessibility Required For Fuel Island Pumps?
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 039 - How Do You Measure Angled Parking Stalls? Are Yellow Truncated Domes Required? Does Accessibility Apply To Care Homes Converted To Apartments?
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 040 – The door landing is on the public sidewalk, what do I do?, Are signs required to comply on the second floor of a CMDU?, More on truncated domes.
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 041 – Is An Elevator Required For New Hotel Rooms? Is An Accessible Route Required To A Church Mezzanine Addition?
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 042 – 2018 Valuation Threshold Updated and How This Effects Unreasonable Hardship
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 043 - Vertical Access Not Required For A Medical Office…..?
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 044 - Angela Jemmott, Executive Director California Commission On Disability Access (CCDA)
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 045 - Opinions On H.R. 620 ADA Education And Reform Act, Where To Measure Cross Slope For Walks >5’, A Shower Or Rinsing Station? … And More
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 046 – A $240,000,000 Barrier Removal Project with Kaylan Dunlap & Bill Zellmer
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 047 - Eric Sifuentes, CASI President and Senior Project Coordinator, Associate Nacht & Lewis
- CASI - 2018 Accessibility Codes and Standards Summit
- CASp Code Discussion Group - December 19, 2018
- CASp Code Discussion Group - November 21 2018
- CASp Code Discussion Group - October 17, 2018
- CalCASp Academy: THE BUSINESS OF CASP WORKSHOP
- Project Inspector Overview - Code Updates and New Construction Oversight Procedures - November 2018
- Links (79)