Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - What Is It And Why Is It Important? (58:48)
Corada is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the corada site, third-party sites provided as search results, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of information obtained on such third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. corada does not endorse any product, service, or treatment advertised on the corada site.
This is the first webinar in Webinar Series #1, "Leading Healthcare Practices and Training: Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care". The objective of this webinar was to introduce the Disability-Competent Care model by:
- Understanding the population of persons living with disabilities – incidence, population subsets, and disparities
- Understanding what it means to be disability-competent
- Introducing the building blocks of the disability-competent model of care
- Understanding the scope of the dysfunction of the health care delivery system experienced by persons with disabilities
- Making the DCC model financially viable by focusing on the Triple Aim.
Presenters included Lynne Morishita, June Isaacson Kailes, and Christopher Duff.
This webinar was presented on September 4, 2013 before a live audience of healthcare providers and health plan staff who work with persons with disabilities. It was hosted by the Medicare Medicaid Coordination Office (MMCO) in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Lewin Group, The Disability Practice Institute, and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
The CMS Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office is facilitating this optional webinar series for interested providers and health care professionals, front-line staff with health plans and practices, and stakeholders to introduce and explore the many uses of the DCC Model. The DCC model is a resource for providers, health plans, and healthcare organizations to enhance capacity to integrate care for adults with disabilities.
Find more info and webinar downloads here: https://www.resourcesforintegratedcare.com/physical_disability/dcc/webinars/care_delivery1
- CDIHP: Center for Disability Issues and the Health Professions
- Disability Demographic
- Employee Training
- Healthcare Access
- Healthcare Provider
- Patient with a Disability