KMA is a design and consulting practice, working and thinking at the intersection of architecture and accessibility.
KMA is currently seeking an Associate to join our growing multi-family housing team. The Associate will independently perform plan reviews of design documents, perform construction site audits, generate written reports, and communicate with design and construction teams to support mandatory compliance with state and federal (ADA/FHA) accessible design standards for both affordable and market-rate multi-family housing projects. This is a junior- to mid-level position in the firm for a candidate with 5-10 years of prior experience, with opportunities for advancement.
- undergraduate degree in architecture or related field, including the ability to read complex architectural drawing sets (professional degree in architecture / architectural license preferred but not required)
- demonstrated working knowledge of Fair Housing Act requirements and safe harbors, and other state & federal accessibility standards
- solid working knowledge of multifamily construction in the US (meaningful job site experience preferred but not required)
- valid driver’s license and ability to travel frequently throughout the US to review projects at various stages of construction
- proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with Excel, PlanGrid, Bluebeam Revu, and Procore preferred
- ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments & deadlines simultaneously, with great attention to detail
- excellent verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex accessibility requirements to architects and contractors
Compensation: competitive benefits and flexible, hybrid work schedule
salary commensurate with experience
KMA’s office culture supports work-life balance while embracing the mission-driven work that is at the core of our professional expertise. KMA is an equal opportunity employer. We greatly value diversity among our staff, and we encourage candidates from communities under-represented in the design fields to apply.
Resumes with relevant experience, a list of references, and professional work samples may be emailed to email@example.com.