Accessibility Inspections Specialist - Denver Division of Disability Rights
Published: February 12, 2020 at 1:02PM
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver. We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply and do not discriminate based on disability.
- Under the supervision of the Denver Division of Disability Rights Director, oversees inspection work through the application of current accessibility standards on a variety of construction activities regarding citywide mandated facility and capital improvement projects.
- Assists with the coordination of services to the City’s buildings, programs, and services with designated contractors to facilitate access across all agencies ensuring consistent and accurate reporting.
- Produces spreadsheets and documentation of access barriers for City-owned facilities.
- Works closely with other City agencies to provide technical guidance on accessible design requirements.
- Communicate with managers as needed to relay timelines and completion dates of barrier removal projects.
- Coordinate with consultants to produce required deliverables, data, documents, and reports.
- Verify and monitor timelines and budget expenditures for contractor payments.
- Records and reports field restraints to Director and designated consultants.
- Conducts site evaluations of new and existing City facilities for compliance with accessibility standards and report to Director.
- Works closely with Director to evaluate and monitor the City’s obligation to comply with accessibility standards.
- Participates as a member of various taskforces and committees as it relates to the inclusion of accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Assists with making recommendations regarding schedules, timeframes, procedural matters, and interpretation of accessibility standards in the field with facility managers, contractors and various departmental project managers.
- Performs all aspects of inspection work overseeing a variety of construction activities regarding small and medium sized capital improvement projects from inception to completion, which includes projects involving construction, repairs, maintenance and alterations, and ensures compliance with approved plans, specifications, contract requirements, and established standards and codes.
- Applies applicable codes, scoping requirements, standards, and regulations pertaining to compliance work and performs inspections projects, which include, but are not limited to: path of travel, recreational facilities, communication elements, correctional facilities, building alterations, signage.
- Reviews and processes contractor payment applications and invoices to ensure contract specifications and requirements have been met, verifies quantities and costs of materials used, monitors timetables and budget expenditures, and recommends modifications when necessary.
- Attends design meetings, provides input, and addresses compliance issues and ensures that all work is acceptable and in compliance as part of a quality assurance and warranty review.
- Prepares reports detailing construction progress, to include notes on inspections and recommendations with specific instructions and directions, payment requests, and maintains files and documents discussions and resolutions.
- Maintains records on assigned projects and prepares progress reports.
- Maintains systematic electronic reporting of ADA modifications to be used for various forms of reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Find more information and how to apply here: https://denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CCD-denver-denvergov-CSC_Jobs-Civil_service_jobs-Police_Jobs-Fire_Jobs/job/Downtown-Denver/Accessibility-Data---Inspections-Specialist---Denver-Division-of-Disability-Rights_R0024942