KMA is a design and consulting practice, working and thinking at the intersection of architecture and accessibility.
We are currently seeking an Access Planner to join our growing multi-family housing team. The Access Planner will help to perform plan reviews of design documents, perform construction site audits, generate written reports, and communicate with design and construction teams to support mandatory compliance with state and federal (ADA/FHA) accessible design standards for both affordable and market-rate multi-family housing projects. This is an early-career position for a candidate with 0-5 years of prior professional experience, with multiple paths for advancement.
- undergraduate degree in architecture or related field, including the ability to read architectural drawings
- basic familiarity with state and federal accessible design standards
- experience in existing building evaluations and/or on-site construction monitoring (preferred)
- proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with Excel, PlanGrid, Bluebeam Revu, and Procore preferred
- valid driver’s license and ability to travel frequently throughout the US to review projects at various stages of construction
- strong verbal & written communication skills
- exceptional collaborative ability and commitment to learning
- demonstrated prior interest in accessibility, Universal Design, or socially responsive design
Compensation: competitive benefits and flexible, hybrid work schedule
salary commensurate with experience
KMA’s office culture supports work-life balance while embracing the mission-driven work that is at the core of our professional expertise. KMA is an equal opportunity employer. We greatly value diversity among our staff, and we encourage candidates from communities under-represented in the design fields to apply.
Resumes with relevant experience, list of references, and professional work samples may be emailed to email@example.com.