What types of electrical or communication receptacles are exempt because they serve a “dedicated use”?
Electrical receptacles serving a dedicated use include those installed for appliances, including refrigerators, ranges, and dishwashers, and wall clocks. Floor electrical receptacles are also exempt. Communication receptacles serving a dedicated use include phone jacks, data ports, network and audio-visual connections. Electrical receptacles provided for portable communication devices such as TTYs are not covered by this exception and must comply.
- Corada Voices (7)
- Products and Additional Resources (42)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (5)
- Demonstrations by Persons with Disabilities (2)
- How to Measure (1)
- Official Technical Assistance (1)
- Product Demonstration or Information (1)
- Upcoming Events (1)
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.