Fact Sheet: Highlights of the Final Rule to Amend the Department of Justice's Regulation Implementing Title III of the ADA
3. Element-by-Element Safe Harbor. The rule includes a general "safe harbor" under which elements in covered facilities that were built or altered in compliance with the 1991 Standards would not be required to be brought into compliance with the 2010 Standards until the elements were subject to a planned alteration. A similar safe harbor applies to elements associated with the "path of travel" to an altered area.
- Official Federal Documents (5)
- Regulations (2)
- Technical Assistance Documents (1)
- Preamble to Regulations (2)
- 28 CFR Part 36, Appendix C: Guidance on ADA Regulation on Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities (2010 ADA Title III Regulations: 1991 Preamble and Section-by-Section Analysis) (2)
- Corada Voices (4)
- General Comments or Questions (2)
- Professional Interpretations or Opinions (2)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (2)
- Links (3)
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.