Comparison: 2010 and 1991 ADA Standards for Accessible Design - Scoping Requirements
203 General Exceptions
|1991 Standards for Accessible Design||2010 Standards for Accessible Design||What’s New/Different|
|4.1 Minimum Requirements||203 General Exceptions|
|4.1.1(3) Areas Used Only by Employees as Work Areas:
Areas Used Only by Employees as Work Areas. Areas that are used only as work areas shall be designed and constructed so that individuals with disabilities can approach, enter, and exit the areas. These guidelines do not require that any areas used only as work areas be constructed to permit maneuvering within the work area or be constructed or equipped (i.e., with racks or shelves) to be accessible.
|203.9 Employee Work Areas:
Spaces and elements within employee work areas shall only be required to comply with 206.2.8, 207.1, and 215.3 and shall be designed and constructed so that individuals with disabilities can approach, enter, and exit the employee work area. Employee work areas, or portions of employee work areas, other than raised courtroom stations, that are less than 300 square feet (28 m2) and elevated 7 inches (180 mm) or more above the finish floor or ground where the elevation is essential to the function of the space shall not be required to comply with these requirements or to be on an accessible route.
|New: Requirements for common use circulation (206.2.8); means of egress (207.1); visual alarm connection (215.3)|
- Federal Documents (8)
- Standards (6)
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design Pocket Guide (4)
- 1991 ADA Standards for Accessible Design (2)
- Technical Assistance (2)
- Standards (6)
- Corada Voices (5)
- Products and Additional Resources (72)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (18)
- Official Technical Assistance (1)
- Product Demonstration or Information (16)
- Spirit of the ADA (1)
- Links (1)
- Upcoming Events (12)
- Pacific ADA Center Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Update Conference 2018 - Los Angeles, CA.
- Common Sources of Confusion in the ADA and ABA Standards
- Pacific ADA Center Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Update Conference 2018 - Oakland
- Stepping Thru – Circulation Paths, Accessible Routes, & Path of Travel
- ADA Anniversary Update: 25 Years Later - July 21, 2015
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.