Webinar: Ask the JAN Psychiatric Team
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT, May 08, 2018   |   Organized by: JAN: Job Accommodation Network
When: May 8, 2018; 2:00 pm ET
Description: Do you experience challenges with employees who have mental health impairments? If so, then ask the JAN Psychiatric Team for assistance! From the hiring process to accommodations on the job, including difficult topics such as disclosure, attendance, performance, and conduct, JAN consultants Melanie and Sarah can provide guidance on challenging mental health workplace issues that can help you maintain a more productive workplace environment.
Speakers: Melanie Whetzel, M.A., JAN Lead Consultant, Cognitive/Neurological Team, and Sarah Small, M.S., CRC, Consultant, Cognitive/Neurological Team.
JAN Webcasts are available at no cost. Gather your employees together in a room for live, in-service training. Educate yourself, management, and other employees on disability etiquette, assistive technologies, management techniques, and the latest on accommodations and the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All Webcasts begin at 2 pm eastern and are 1 hour. You must register to attend. One registration is equivalent to one login.
Housekeeping: How JAN Webcasts Work
Registrations are for a single computer, not a person. Any number of people may participate at that computer through the single Web link provided by the registration. However, one registration allows you one login, which includes the e-mail with which you register and a password given three to five business days prior to the scheduled event.
All registrations are processed on a first come first serve basis.
If you are unable to attend a session you have registered for, please notify us by calling (800) 526-7234 / option 5 or email us at email@example.com.
To ensure that we have received your registration form, we will send you an email confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please call us at (800)526-7234 / option 5 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct 01, 2017 - May 07, 2018
- Official Federal Documents (2)
- ADA Regulations (1)
- Technical Assistance Documents (1)
- Corada Voices (2)
- Products and Additional Resources (1)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (35)
- Demonstrations by Persons with Disabilities (1)
- Demonstrations of ADA Requirements (3)
- Design Solution (1)
- FAQs (3)
- Product Demonstration or Information (1)
- Spirit of the ADA (26)
- 2017 National ADA Symposium
- ADA25: #3 of 25 -- Title I
- At your service. A 20 minute film. Engage customers with disabilities.
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 14 - Tips and Resources
- CVS Health - Don't DIS Me!
- Disability Employment Policy (ODEP): Workforce Recruitment Program Success, Northrop Grumman
- Disability Employment Policy (ODEP): Workforce Recruitment Program Success, SSB BART Group
- Disability Employment Policy (ODEP): Workforce Recruitment Program Success, The Pentagon
- Disability and Employment Resources: SCVRD Part 1
- Employment Today - Chapter 1 - Changes in the Workplace
- Employment Today - Chapter 2 - ADA FEHA Requirements
- Employment Today - Chapter 3 - Duty Statements
- Employment Today - Chapter 4 - Accessible Interviews
- Employment Today - Chapter 5 - Medical Inquiries
- Employment Today - Chapter 6 - Reasonable Accommodation
- Employment Today - Chapter 7 - Undue Hardship
- Employment Today - Chapter 8 - Successful Outcomes
- Jennifer Keelan, 08 of 12: "Climbing the Capitol Steps for ADA"
- No Barriers USA - The Lives We Changed in 2015
- Put Your Abilities to Work: A Student's Guide to the Workforce Recruitment Program. Hosted by Lauren Karas
- Put Your Abilities to Work: A Student's Guide to the Workforce Recruitment Program. Hosted by Patrick Cokley
- Spinal Cord Injury & Employment: Alex Jackson's Story
- Spinal Cord Injury Perspectives: Education, Employment and Disability
- Spinal Cord Injury Perspectives: Employment and Disability
- Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center (WWRC) Informational Video
- “Who I Am” PSA
- Upcoming Events (10)
- 2018 National ADA Symposium - Pittsburgh, PA
- 2018 Winter ADA Coordinator Conference -- Orlando, FL
- ADA Live! Episode 40: Top 5 ADA Topics: Notes from an ADA Specialist
- ADA Live! Episode 49: The Process of Customized Employment
- PEAT Talks: Expanding Accessibility Awareness in Higher Ed
- Webinar: ADA Update
- Webinar: Ask the Cognitive Team
- Webinar: Ask the JAN Sensory Team
- Webinar: Current Events in Accommodation
- Webinar: Get to Work! Exploring Telework, Modified Schedules, and Parking Accommodations
- Links (89)
- Publication (5)
- Access to Health Care for People with Disabilities
- Creating Welcoming Mental Health Work Environments
- Good Practices of Accessible Urban Development: Making Urban Environments Inclusive and Fully Accessible to ALL
- Trends in Employment Outcomes of Young Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 2006–2013
- Universal Design for Health Care Facilities
- News/Social Media (1)
- Nonprofit Organization (6)
- Federal Department or Agency (8)
- DOL Final Rule: Section 188 WIOA Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Regulations (29 CFR Part 38)
- Department of Labor, OFCCP Checklist for Compliance with Section 503
- Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Questions and Answers about Health Care Workers and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Tax Benefits for Businesses Who Have Employees with Disabilities
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics "Statistics About People With Disabilities and Employment"
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- United States Department of Labor
- State Department or Agency (6)
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Maryland Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- State of California Disability Access Services (DAS) - Employment Today: Reasonable Accommodation & FEHA
- State of California Disability Access Services (DAS) - Information Links: Resources, Service Animals & Etiquette
- State of California Disability Access Services (DAS) - Trainings: Employment, Digital Access & Surveys
- Workforce GPS - Disability and Employment
- Trade Organization (3)
- Advocacy/Legal Service (4)
- Independent Living (6)
- Design/Construction/Barrier Removal (1)
- Employment (44)
- America’s Job Exchange (AJE)
- Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE)
- Center on Knowledge Translation for Employment Research
- Cornell University Employment And Disability Institute
- Employment Resources, Inc.
- Essential Function Job Analysis
- FCE & Post-Offer Testing in the Era of ADA Title I
- FindLaw - ADA: Disabilities & Your Rights as an Employee
- GettingHired: Empowering Individuals & Veterans with Disabilities
- Hire Disability Solutions
- How to File a Charge of Employment Discrimination
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Multimedia Training Microsite
- Lakestate Industries
- Milt Wright & Associates, Inc.
- Publication (5)