Web Accessibility Summit 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm CDT, May 29, 2019   |   Organized by: Missouri State University
The Web Accessibility Summit provides professional development about website accessibility. It is an annual event held in Missouri.
How It All Began
The conference was an outcome from several web pros networking at a HighEdWeb conference. Mizzou, Missouri State University, Missouri State University-West Plains, Truman State University, Missouri S&T and St. Louis Community Community College joined efforts to make the first conference a success. Efforts continue to grow.
Workshops - Learn how to make your websites more accessible through code and content.
Networking - Share information and resources with colleagues from around the state.
Track Sessions - Explore web accessibility in the context of content, training and advocacy.
The Web Accessibility Summit will be on Wednesday, May 29. The MO AHEAD Conference will be Thursday and Friday, May 30 and 31. Conference sessions will be in Glass Hall on the Missouri State University campus.
Web Accessibility Summit $40
MO AHEAD Conference
Members: $40 for one day or $75 for two days
Non-members: $60 for one day or $110 for two days
Attendees of the Web Accessibility Summit may register at the members rate.
You may book campus lodging and parking for $32/night at Hammons House, three blocks from the conference space. Alternatively, the University Plaza Hotel is the closest hotel. Call 417-864-7333 and ask for the “Missouri State rate.” This rate is subject to availability.
Parking is also available at Glass Hall for $2.75 per day — purchased in advance.
Missouri State University Employees
Missouri State faculty and staff should register through My Learning Connection. They may use their noncredit fee waiver to cover conference registration costs.
|REGISTRATION AND COFFEE NETWORKING||7:45 am - 8:30 am CDT, May 29, 2019|
|SPONSOR EXHIBITS||8:00 am - 5:00 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|OPENING REMARKS||8:30 am - 8:45 am CDT, May 29, 2019|
|BUILDING ACCESSIBLE SINGLE-PAGE APPLICATIONS and INCLUSIVE DESIGN: THE PRODUCT AND THE PROCESS||9:00 am - 11:00 am CDT, May 29, 2019|
|FIENEN’S TOTALLY TUBULAR TALK TEACHING TECHNIQUES TO TRANSCRIBE and WHY AND HOW TO START USING ARIA TAGS and DESIGNING FOR ACCESSIBILITY: HOW YOUR DESIGN DECISIONS IMPACT PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES||11:15 am - 12:00 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|LUNCH||12:00 pm - 1:30 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|CAN YOU DO IT IN THE DARK? MAKING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCESSIBLE||12:30 pm - 1:30 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|GETTING STARTED WITH DOCUMENT ACCESSIBILITY and LESSONS LEARNED: HOW TO REVIEW AND IMPROVE INTERNALLY BUILT APPLICATIONS||1:45 pm - 2:30 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|SNACK BREAK||2:30 pm - 3:00 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|HOW TO WRITE FOR ACCESSIBILITY and ACCESSIBLE NAVIGATION FROM SCRATCH||3:15 pm - 4:00 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
|CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING — MEANINGFUL ALTERNATIVE TEXT and ESTABLISHING ACCESSIBLE DESIGN PATTERNS AND REQUIREMENTS||4:15 pm - 5:00 pm CDT, May 29, 2019|
- Corada Voices (1)
- Products and Additional Resources (2)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (22)
- Demonstrations by Persons with Disabilities (3)
- Demonstrations of ADA Requirements (1)
- Design Solution (6)
- Make Technology Work for Everyone: introducing digital accessibility
- Web Accessibility 101: Effective Color Contrast
- Web Accessibility 101: On-Screen Keyboard Demo
- Web Accessibility 101: Readability
- Web Accessibility 101: Screen Magnification Design Challenges - Forms
- Web Accessibility 101: Visual Focus Indication
- FAQs (1)
- Product Demonstration or Information (6)
- Demonstration of Compliance Monitor from SSB BART Group
- Web Accessibility 101: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Demonstration Video
- Web Accessibility 101: Screen Reader Language Support
- Web Accessibility 101: Using Adobe Edge Inspect
- Web Accessibility 101: Using Microsoft Word with Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- ZoomText Web Accessibility 101 Informational Video for the Visually Challenged
- Spirit of the ADA (5)
- Upcoming Events (10)
- 2019 MO AHEAD Conference
- An Overview of Trusted Tester for Web – Version 5
- Chrome & Literacy: Part 1 Reading
- Chrome & Literacy: Part 2 Writing
- Evaluating & Managing Accessibility in 3rd Party Web Content
- Leadership and Influence: A Culture of Access Starts with the Your Purpose - Part I
- Leadership and Influence: A Culture of Access Starts with the Your Purpose - Part II
- Leadership and Influence: A Culture of Access Starts with the Your Purpose - Part III
- M-Enabling Summit Conference and Showcase 2019
- Question and Answer Session: on Accommodating Students with Disabilities Enrolled in Medical and Health Science Programs
- Links (22)
- Publication (1)
- News/Social Media (1)
- Federal Department or Agency (2)
- State Department or Agency (1)
- Advocacy/Legal Service (5)
- Independent Living (1)
- Travel/Recreation (1)
- Design/Construction/Barrier Removal (1)
- Program Access (1)
- Employment (1)
- General (7)
- What's New (12)