Walk4HEARING 5K Fundraising Walk - Minneapolis
9:00 am CDT September 26, 2015   |   Organized by: Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA)
What is Walk4Hearing?
Walk4Hearing events are fundraising 5K (3.1 miles) walks held across the United States. Since its formation in 2006, Walk4Hearing has raised over $9 million dollars for programs and services for people with hearing loss, and has grown into the largest awareness and fundraising event for the Hearing Loss Association of America® (HLAA). Collaborating with local HLAA chapters, Walk4Hearing educates the general public about hearing loss while easing the associated stigma. Striving to make hearing loss a public health issue, thousands of people of all ages, races, and backgrounds have come together to display their compassion for the cause and to make hearing loss an issue of national concern.
Status of Hearing Loss in the United States:
48 million Americans have some form of hearing loss
26 million Americans have noise-induced hearing loss that could have been prevented
2 to 3 out of every 1,000 children are born deaf or with a hearing loss
60 percent of the people with hearing loss are either in the work force or in educational settings
Why Participate in a Walk?
Supporters walk in the Walk4Hearing for many reasons: to support a family member or loved one; to create awareness of their own hearing loss; and to support the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA). HLAA has seen the importance of walks for other organizations around the country and know that these Walks have created awareness and education. We believe that hearing loss is something everyone should have knowledge of. The Walk is creating awareness and becoming an educational tool for HLAA, to help make hearing loss an issue of national concern.
Anyone can participate; family, friends, co-workers, businesses, schools and caring professionals that want to make a real difference for people affected by hearing loss. Thousands of families in our community, and millions across the country will benefit from your support and the success of the Walk4Hearing program.
Is there a registration fee?
No, there is no registration fee.
|Registration||9:00 am CDT September 26, 2015|
|Walk Begins||10:00 am CDT September 26, 2015|
- Corada Voices (1)
- Products and Additional Resources (27)
- Products (27)
- Ampetronic ILD122 Professional Rack Mountable Audio Induction Loop Driver Hearing System
- Ampetronic ILD100 Small Area, VOX Switching Audio Induction Loop Driver Hearing System
- Ampetronic CLD1 Compact Small Area & Counter Induction Loop Driver Hearing System
- inLOOP Personal inLOOP Assistive Listening System
- Ampetronic ILD500G Professional Rack Mountable Audio Induction Loop Driver Hearing System
- Products (27)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (42)
- Demonstrations of ADA Requirements (2)
- Design Solution (2)
- Product Demonstration or Information (8)
- Spirit of the ADA (30)
- Links (48)
- Publication (3)
- News/Social Media (1)
- Nonprofit Organization (9)
- Federal Department or Agency (2)
- Trade Organization (3)
- Advocacy/Legal Service (13)
- Independent Living (8)
- Design/Construction/Barrier Removal (2)
- Program Access (2)
- General (4)
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.