The Environments for Aging Expo & Conference
April 21-24, 2018   |   Organized by: The Environments for Aging
WHEN: April 21-24, 2018
WHERE: Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, 1 International Dr, Savannah, GA 31421
Discover the Latest Strategies, Products and Ideas in Design for Aging Lifestyles
The Environments for Aging Expo & Conference offers the latest strategies and ideas for creating functional and attractive living environments that meet the needs of our aging population. During this comprehensive three-day learning experience, attendees will network with peers while learning the latest innovations and best practices in senior friendly design for long-term and residential care settings.
Community tours offer insights into innovations of senior living designs. These walk-throughs provide real-life examples of incorporating best practice techniques, new enrichment opportunities, and memory & dementia care focused design.
Workshops provide an in-depth look at processes and procedures utilized across continuum of care, from CCRC design where some residents may still be independent, to memory and dementia care design.
Explore Senior Living Design at Conference & Workshops
Attendees will share common goals and innovations as well as building, architecture, and best practices. Don’t miss the opportunity to gain inspiration through a gathering of like-minded, forward-thinking individuals instrumental in the creation of future living environments for the aging. Best practices for products and materials, along with current trends in colors, mood setting, and use of space all contribute to the various aspects of senior friendly design.
Highlights of the EFA Conference include:
- Outdoor Environments in CCRC Design
- Best practices in the design of long-term and residential care settings.
- Innovation and development in design for aging lifestyles
- Networking with like-minded individuals
Who Should Attend?
- Facilities managers
- Design professionals
- Product manufacturers
- Government officials
- Gerontologists & other aging experts
- Corada Voices (3)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (17)
- Design Solution (4)
- Official Technical Assistance (1)
- Product Demonstration or Information (1)
- Spirit of the ADA (11)
- AIA An Architect's Story: Chris Downey
- Addressing Accessibility in Capital Needs: Part 1 - HUD - 5/18/12
- Jack Catlin, Part 01 of 07: "Universal Design"
- Jack Catlin, Part 02 of 07: "Why Universal Design is Important"
- Jack Catlin, Part 03 of 07: "Barriers Create Disability"
- Jack Catlin, Part 04 of 07: "A Perfect Environment"
- Jack Catlin, Part 05 of 07: "Chicago has become Accessible"
- Jack Catlin, Part 06 of 07: "Why This Project is Important"
- Jack Catlin, Part 07 of 07: "Becoming an Activist Architect"
- Meet The Normals - Adventures in Universal Design
- Why Corada?
- Upcoming Events (10)
- 2018 APA Annual Conference January 31 and APA Specialist Track (s) Option
- 2018 National ADA Symposium - Pittsburgh, PA
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 034 – My Bathroom Problem At Campus Housing
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 038 - How Do You Measure The 36" x 36" ISA? Nursing Home Canopy And Is Accessibility Required For Fuel Island Pumps?
- CASp Code Discussion Group - December 20, 2017
- CASp Examination - Los Angeles (Closed Book)
- CASp Examination - Los Angeles (Open Book)
- CASp Examination - Sacramento (Closed Book)
- CASp Examination - Sacramento (Open Book)
- Master in Management of Design for All - at Universitat De Vic (Barcelona) in Partnership with Design for All Foundation
- Links (70)
- Publication (9)
- AIA White Paper: A Proposal for additions to accessibility Standards for Nursing Home & Assisted Living Residents in Toileting and Bathing
- Access to Health Care for People with Disabilities
- Accessible Shared Streets: Notable Practices and Considerations for Accommodating Pedestrians with Vision Disabilities
- Design Guidelines for the Visual Environment
- Fair Housing Act Design Manual
- Good Practices of Accessible Urban Development: Making Urban Environments Inclusive and Fully Accessible to ALL
- Handbook of Construction Tolerances by David Kent Ballast FAIA, CSI
- Universal Design Guide for Inclusive Tourism
- Universal Design for Health Care Facilities
- Nonprofit Organization (6)
- Federal Department or Agency (2)
- State Department or Agency (5)
- CCDA (California Commission on Disability Access) Accessibility Construction Inspection Checklist
- California Commission on Disability Access (CCDA)
- California Division of the State Architect (DSA)
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners (TBAE)
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Computer Aided Drawings Standard Plan Files
- Trade Organization (8)
- Accessibility Professionals Association (APA)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- Certified Access Specialist Institute (CASI)
- Certified Access Specialist Program (CASp)
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- National Association of ADA Coordinators (NAADAC)
- Texas Society of Architects
- Independent Living (1)
- Travel/Recreation (2)
- Design/Construction/Barrier Removal (33)
- ADA Tolerances and Acceptable Measurements Online Continuing Education Course
- Adaptive Access
- Beneficial Designs
- CalCasp Training: Access Plan Review
- Center for Inclusive Design and Environmental Access (IDeA Center)
- Center for Universal Design
- Centre for Accessible Environments
- Cole & Associates, Inc.
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- DeafSpace Project
- Publication (9)