Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) 10th Annual Healthcare Summit + Expo
August 13-15, 2020   |   Organized by: Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
For ten years Paralyzed Veterans of America has expanded its commitment to spinal cord injury/disease (SCI/D), MS, and ALS patient care through its annual Summit. Summit is an intensive, three-day learning and sharing experience that provides the most updated and vital information, state of the art research, and emerging science, which can be put to immediate use in caring for individuals with spinal cord injury/disease (SCI/D), MS, and ALS. Attendees representing multiple disciplines from the Department of Veterans Affairs as well as private health-care institutions come together network, collaborate, and share knowledge. With its collaborative, holistic team approach to improving patient care, Summit is the one “must attend” conference of the year. Summit will present more than 65 plenary and break out sessions, 30 poster presentations, with up to 21 continuing education credits available.
Since our founding almost 70 years ago, Paralyzed Veterans has worked to ensure the best quality health care for our nation’s veterans with SCI/D and has expanded that commitment to serve all individuals affected by spinal cord disease. We are the only veterans service organization that hosts an annual health-care summit of this kind, advancing SCI/D care worldwide.
Our annual Summit has enhanced Paralyzed Veterans’ commitment to promoting and advocating for quality SCI/D care. Summit offers a platform not only for collaboration among the professionals who provide SCI/D as well as MS, and ALS care, but also for advancing the science. Forward-focused on ways to support new therapies, treatments, and potential cures for paralysis, as well as advancements in care and education of professionals caring for individuals with spinal cord injury or disease, Summit has provided more than 2,600 scholarships for clinicians and funded 500 presenters to participate in state of the science continuing education.
Take advantage of three days of interaction with more than 800 great minds at Summit, all dedicated to advancing the care of individuals with spinal cord injury or disease. Summit features renowned specialists in spinal cord injury and disease medicine targeting MS and ALS.
Presentations will highlight the latest developments in clinical practice, research, and emerging technologies, Paralyzed Veterans annual Summit offers unmatched opportunities to expand your knowledge and provide “take home” practices that will help you immediately integrate into care for your patients.
Build your own “lifeline” of resources to call upon to access your peers’ specific areas of expertise—and become a lifeline for others who share your commitment to optimize care for the most vulnerable patient population. Network and learn from the best while continuing your education.
The PVA Healthcare Summit + Expo: Learning, sharing, advancing science, and building relationships that improve overall patient care.
For information on hotel/travel, speakers, sessions, and registration, please visit the event website.
- Federal Documents (1)
- Corada Voices (1)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (55)
- Continuing education (10)
- Behavioral Health Integration Capacity Assessment Introductory Webinar
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - The Individualized Plan of Care
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - Managing Transitions
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - Preparing for New Roles & Responsibilities, Participant And Provider Readiness
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - The Lived Experience Of Disability
- Spirit of the ADA (45)
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - DENISE SHERER JACOBSON Part 4 of 4
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Gordon Reetz, Susan Lee and Aaron Reetz - Part 3 of 5
- Healthcare Stories - Carol Gill and Larry Voss Part 5 of 6
- Healthcare Stories - Fred Nisen Part 1 of 6
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Luise Custer and Charlie Tygiel Part 1 of 4
- Continuing education (10)
- Links (25)
- Publication (3)
- Nonprofit Organization (3)
- Federal Department or Agency (7)
- Understanding How to Accommodate Service Animals in Healthcare Facilities Fact Sheet
- Questions and Answers about Health Care Workers and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Information for Health Care Providers
- Implementing the Affordable Care Act (ACA): A Roadmap for People with Disabilities
- 45 CFR Part 92 Nondiscrimination in Health Programs and Activities; Final Rule
- Trade Organization (3)
- Advocacy/Legal Service (1)
- Independent Living (1)
- General (7)
- Collaboratory for Technology, Health, and Independence (CTHI): University of Michigan
- Accessible Designs for Personal Health Records
- Successful Placement of the Older Consumer with Visual Impairment
- Person First Health (PFH)
- CDHP: Quality Services for People with Disabilities and Activity Limitations
- What's New (3)
- Upcoming Events (47)
- Strategies for the Implementation of Disability-Competent Care (Webinar 6 of 8)
- WIHI broadcast — Disability Competent Care - June 11, 2015
- Strategies for the Implementation of Disability-Competent Care (Webinar 7 of 8)
- Effective Communication in Medical Settings Webinar Series - Part I: Effective Communication in Health Care Settings
- Effective Communication in Medical Settings Webinar Series - Part II: Assistive Technology and Communication in Health Care Settings
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.