Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) 10th Annual Healthcare Summit + Expo
August 13-15, 2020   |   Organized by: Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
For ten years Paralyzed Veterans of America has expanded its commitment to spinal cord injury/disease (SCI/D), MS, and ALS patient care through its annual Summit. Summit is an intensive, three-day learning and sharing experience that provides the most updated and vital information, state of the art research, and emerging science, which can be put to immediate use in caring for individuals with spinal cord injury/disease (SCI/D), MS, and ALS. Attendees representing multiple disciplines from the Department of Veterans Affairs as well as private health-care institutions come together network, collaborate, and share knowledge. With its collaborative, holistic team approach to improving patient care, Summit is the one “must attend” conference of the year. Summit will present more than 65 plenary and break out sessions, 30 poster presentations, with up to 21 continuing education credits available.
Since our founding almost 70 years ago, Paralyzed Veterans has worked to ensure the best quality health care for our nation’s veterans with SCI/D and has expanded that commitment to serve all individuals affected by spinal cord disease. We are the only veterans service organization that hosts an annual health-care summit of this kind, advancing SCI/D care worldwide.
Our annual Summit has enhanced Paralyzed Veterans’ commitment to promoting and advocating for quality SCI/D care. Summit offers a platform not only for collaboration among the professionals who provide SCI/D as well as MS, and ALS care, but also for advancing the science. Forward-focused on ways to support new therapies, treatments, and potential cures for paralysis, as well as advancements in care and education of professionals caring for individuals with spinal cord injury or disease, Summit has provided more than 2,600 scholarships for clinicians and funded 500 presenters to participate in state of the science continuing education.
Take advantage of three days of interaction with more than 800 great minds at Summit, all dedicated to advancing the care of individuals with spinal cord injury or disease. Summit features renowned specialists in spinal cord injury and disease medicine targeting MS and ALS.
Presentations will highlight the latest developments in clinical practice, research, and emerging technologies, Paralyzed Veterans annual Summit offers unmatched opportunities to expand your knowledge and provide “take home” practices that will help you immediately integrate into care for your patients.
Build your own “lifeline” of resources to call upon to access your peers’ specific areas of expertise—and become a lifeline for others who share your commitment to optimize care for the most vulnerable patient population. Network and learn from the best while continuing your education.
The PVA Healthcare Summit + Expo: Learning, sharing, advancing science, and building relationships that improve overall patient care.
For information on hotel/travel, speakers, sessions, and registration, please visit the event website.
- Official Federal Documents (1)
- Corada Voices (1)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (55)
- Continuing education (10)
- Behavioral Health Integration Capacity Assessment Introductory Webinar
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - Building a Disability-Competent Provider Network
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - Flexible Long Term Services and Supports
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - Managing Transitions
- Defining and Delivering Disability-Competent Care - Preparing for New Roles & Responsibilities, Participant And Provider Readiness
- Spirit of the ADA (45)
- Continuing education (10)
- Links (25)
- Publication (3)
- Nonprofit Organization (3)
- Federal Department or Agency (7)
- 45 CFR Part 92 Nondiscrimination in Health Programs and Activities; Final Rule
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Information for Health Care Providers
- Implementing the Affordable Care Act (ACA): A Roadmap for People with Disabilities
- Nondiscrimination in Health Programs and Activities
- Questions and Answers about Health Care Workers and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Trade Organization (3)
- Advocacy/Legal Service (1)
- Independent Living (1)
- General (7)
- What's New (3)
*The [MORE INFO...] content list is automatically generated by related document section numbers and/or keywords relevant to your search.