ASME 2018 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems (SMASIS)
September 10-12, 2018   |   Organized by: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Date/Time: September 10 - 12, 2018
Location: San Antonio, TX.
Description: Adaptive Structures and Materials Systems by definition are intelligent, flexible systems that sense and respond to ever changing environments. The field has rapidly matured due to synergistic interdisciplinary efforts across sectors of universities, government, and industry. To continue the high impact growth of this field and lead it into the future, the purpose of this conference is to assemble world experts across engineering and scientific disciplines (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, materials, and civil engineering, biology, physics chemistry, etc.) to actively discuss the latest breakthroughs in smart materials, the cutting edge in adaptive structure applications and the recent advances in both new device technologies and basic engineering research exploration.
SMASIS attracts approximately 300 attendees each year with over 250 technical presentations. The conference is divided into symposia broadly ranging from basic research to applied technological design and development to industrial and governmental integrated system and application demonstrations. The symposia specifically are:
SYMP 1 Development and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials
SYMP 2 Mechanics & Behavior of Active Materials
SYMP 3 Modeling, Simulation and Control of Adaptive Systems
SYMP 4 Integrated System Design and Implementation
SYMP 5 Structural Health Monitoring
SYMP 6 Bioinspired Smart Materials and Systems
SYMP 7 Energy Harvesting
ASME is soliciting papers for each of the symposiums. Papers accepted and presented will be published in the official conference proceedings. The conference includes keynote presentations, invited speaker presentations in each symposium, several student and outreach activities, pioneer banquet, awards ceremony, several networking opportunities, and exhibitors from industry.
SMASIS is a leading conference on adaptive structures and materials systems that attracts approximately 300 attendees each year with over 250 technical presentations. The conference provides a unique forum bringing together scientists, faculty and graduate students from Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical and Civil Engineering, Materials Science, and Mathematics whose research spans topics in adaptive structures and smart material systems. The conference is divided into seven symposia broadly ranging from basic research to applied technological design and development to industrial and governmental integrated system and application demonstrations. Papers accepted and presented will be published in the official conference proceedings. The conference includes keynote presentations, invited speaker presentations in each symposium, several student and outreach activities, pioneer banquet, awards ceremony, several networking opportunities, and exhibition from industry.
ASME is a not-for-profit membership organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing, career enrichment, and skills development across all engineering disciplines, toward a goal of helping the global engineering community develop solutions to benefit lives and livelihoods. Founded in 1880 by a small group of leading industrialists, ASME has grown through the decades to include more than 140,000 members in 151 countries.
For more than 100 years, ASME has successfully enhanced performance and safety worldwide through its renowned codes and standards, conformity assessment programs, training courses, and journals.
ASME also produces nearly 40 international conferences. These industry-leading events feature advanced research and technical content spanning a range of industries impacted by mechanical engineering, including energy production, energy sources, advanced manufacturing, and engineering sciences. View all ASME Conferences.
Submission of Abstract - March, 2018
Author Notification of Abstract Acceptance - April 4, 2018
Abstracts Available Online - April 7, 2018
Submission of Full-Length Paper for Review - April 25, 2018
There are few places more magical than San Antonio's River Walk; at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, enjoy a stay just steps from this landmark, as well as the Alamo, iconic riverside restaurants, quirky shops, and more. After exploring, unwind in your spacious guestroom, with a location in the heart of the San Antonio's historic downtown.
What Makes Your Stay Grand?
Location, location, location: Moments from top San Antonio attractions and a variety of restaurants
1,003 updated guestrooms and suites with downtown views
Swim with a view: Bask in the sun within our heated rooftop pool
State-of-the-art fitness center: Everything you need for a workout, including cardio equipment, weights, and a yoga room
Rates - $239* Single/Double
Reservation Deadline - August 17, 2018
*Room rates are quoted exclusive of applicable state and local taxes (which are currently 16.75%) or applicable service, or hotel specific fees in effect at the Hotel at the time of the meeting. Cancellation Policy: 72 hours prior to arrival date, after which one night room and tax deposit is non-refundable. If you would like to call in your reservation, call +1-888-421-1442 and use the code: G-SME8, PM# 9037.
Hotel Parking - Self: $29, Valet: $39
Why should I stay at the ASME Conference headquarter hotel, the Grand Hyatt San Antonio, when I may be able to find a lower one on my own?
Negotiated hotel rates incorporate many benefits for you and ASME. In order to secure meeting rooms space at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio, ASME must sign a contract with the host city that guarantees that a specified number of hotel rooms will be booked by our conference attendees. The number of rooms guaranteed is called the room block. As the number of rooms in the room block increases, costs to ASME decrease, which we are able to pass along to our conference attendees in the form of lower registration prices.
If attendees stay in the host hotel, ASME will fulfill its contractual obligation with the Hotel. If attendees stay in other hotels, ASME faces the possibility that its room block will not be met, forcing it to pay severe penalties, which can run into tens of thousands of dollars.
- Products and Additional Resources (60)
- Products (60)
- Acoustiguide Custom Mobile Applications for Exhibitions and Multimedia Content
- Acoustiguide Custom Multimedia Content Application
- Acoustiguide Guide U+ Tour Guiding System
- Acoustiguide Location-based Content Service
- Acoustiguide Mobile Application Platform with Assistive Technology
- Acoustiguide Opus Click™ Multimedia Museum Guide
- Acoustiguide Opus Touch™ Museum Guide with Touchscreen
- Acoustiguide Opus+ Multimedia Guiding System
- Acoustiguide exSite Series Wand-Style Audio Guide
- Ai Squared ZoomText Magnifier
- Ai Squared ZoomText Magnifier/Reader
- Alertus Alert Beacons®
- Alertus Text-To-Speech Self Amplified Speaker
- Alertus VoIP Phone Notification
- Alertus Voice Public Address System Interface
- Allegion aptiQmobile Credentials Mobile Application
- AssistiveWare Keeble Accessible Keyboard
- AssistiveWare News-2-You
- AssistiveWare Proloquo2Go
- AssistiveWare Proloquo4Text Communication App
- Audio Description Associates Audio Description Services
- BeamPro by Suitable Technology, Inc Telepresence Robot
- BlindSquare App
- Blueraven Creative SensoryPEN™ for Exhibits and Audio Tours
- ClickAndGo Navigation Wayfinding Technology
- ClickAndGo Tactile Maps
- Double Robotics, Inc. Telepresence Robot
- Durateq® Handheld ATV (Assistive Technology Version) Device
- Durateq® Stadium Captioning
- Election Systems & Software ADA Keypad - Accuvote TSX And TS
- Election Systems & Software ADA Sip-N-Puff - AutoMark
- Election Systems & Software AuroMARK Ballot - Marking Devices
- Estimote Beacons and Stickers Wireless Sensors for Contextual Awareness
- Freedom Scientific Focus 14 Blue Ultra-Portable Braille Interface Device
- HumanWare Trekker Breeze+ Handheld Talking GPS
- JAWS Screen Reader for Windows
- Lake Ledge Naturalist Audio Description
- Lake Ledge Naturalist Discovery Pen
- Livescribe 3 Smartpen
- Livescribe Echo® Smartpen
- Locus Labs Inc. LocusMaps SDK
- Merlin Elite – HD/OCR Video Magnifier
- NavCog Navigation iPhone App
- NetCentric Technologies Inc. CommonLook PDF GlobalAccess Software
- NetCentric Technologies Inc. CommonLook PDF Validator Software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium & Home Speech Recognition Software
- Origin Instruments Corporation AirVoter Sanitary Sip-Puff Switch for Voting
- Origin Instruments Corporation HeadMouse® Extreme Wireless Head Controlled Mouse
- Perkins Access Digital Accessibility Services
- Power PDF Standard 2 Software
- ROXIMITY's Model O iBeacon
- ROXIMITY's Model X iBeacon
- Sensible Innovations AWARE App
- Structure Sensor 3D Depth Scanning Software for 3D Imaging and Printing
- Tobii Technology PCEye Go
- Touch Mapper Tactile Street Maps
- VGo Telepresence Robot
- ViewPlus Technologies Audio Graphing Calculator
- VisionConnect™ Mobile App
- indoo.rs® Indoor Navigation Solution App
- Products (60)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (90)
- Continuing education (1)
- Demonstrations by Persons with Disabilities (1)
- Design Solution (3)
- Accessible Pittsburgh: Hospital Compliance Guidelines
- Make Technology Work for Everyone: introducing digital accessibility
Web Accessibility 101: Readability
Requires the Registered User plan or above. Login!
- FAQs (2)
- Product Demonstration or Information (74)