2018 Invisible Disabilities Week
October 14-20, 2018   |   Organized by: Invisible Disabilities Association
Date/Time: October 14 - 20, 2018
Location: Join the Invisible Disabilities Week’s Daily Activities on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Description: Together we can bring awareness, education and support to your neighborhood and around the world during Invisible Disabilities Week Oct 14th – 20th, 2018.
The Invisible Disabilities Week is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Invite your friends, family, medical teams, groups and pages. Tell others about Invisible Disabilities Week!
Invisible Disabilities Week (IDW) is Hosted by the Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA). IDW was Founded by IDA in 2014.
How To Participate In Invisible Disabilities Week
Join the Invisible Disabilities Week’s Daily Activities on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Share with friends, family, medical teams and social media! Spread awareness and education about millions living with debilitating illness and injury, as well as support to those living with invisible disabilities.
Join In On The Activities For Invisible Disabilities Week
This event is FREE! All activities are optional. No purchase is necessary. Donations and proceeds from books, pamphlets, shirts, wristbands, etc. help us continue our outreach of awareness, education and support around the world.
Post Facebook frames or badges: Add an Invisible Disabilities Week Facebook Frame to your profile photo! Or you can simply replace your profile photos with the ID Week Badge!
Share your story: Post your story with a photo or video alone or with your favorite person, place or pet. Share as little or as much as you would like about your journey. Hint: people are more likely to read or watch if they are under 250 words or 2 minutes.
Boast your blue: Post a photo or video of you wearing an Invisible No More! Wristband, IDA Lapel Pin, IDA Shirt or ID Badge Wallet. Or you can just wear your favorite blue shirt, hat or scarf! Take these photos or videos alone or with your favorite person, place or pet. Tell us why you think invisible disabilities awareness is important or how you want to be Invisible No More!®
Share your awareness endeavors: We want others to learn about what YOU are doing. Post a link to your invisible disabilities book, blog, art or music.
Share IDA publications and videos: Share articles, blogs and radio interviews with friends, family, doctors and groups on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and more to bring awareness, education and support to the world! Watch and share over 160 IDA videos with amazing Guest Speakers, Medical Professionals, Award Recipients and personal stories!
Thankful Thursday: We will be sharing what we are thankful for on Thursday. It can be anything big or small such as a vacation, your spouse, your pet, your doctor, getting out of bed, etc. Share a photo or video to your post if you would like.
Set up Facebook fundraiser: Set up a Facebook Fundraiser to help IDA continue our work around the globe. It’s easy and fun!
Join the ID community: Find support and friendship through the Invisible Disabilities Community on Inspire. Over 100 national patient organization partners like IDA and over one million members!
Join us in Denver: We hope you can join us for the 2017 IDA Awards Gala October 21st in Denver! www.LaughOutLoud.fyi
Ways To Support IDA
Donations and Proceeds help IDA continue our outreach of awareness, education, connection, resources and support around the world through our websites, television and radio interviews, videos, special projects, books, pamphlets, seminars, award nights, symposiums, social media, online community and more!
Order awareness products and publications: Order Invisible No More!® Glow-in-the-Dark Wristbands, ID Badge Wallets (new) and ID Lapel Pins (new), as well as IDA’s “But You LOOK Good!” Book and Pamphlets that have been sent around the world!
Order shirts and more: Order IDA Shirts, Hoodies, Mugs, Totes, Bumper Stickers and more through our CafePress store, IDA Stuff!
Send a donation: Send a donation to help us continue our work. A gift of any amount is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
- Corada Voices (2)
- Products and Additional Resources (4)
- Webinars, Videos, and Training (87)
- Demonstrations by Persons with Disabilities (2)
- Demonstrations of ADA Requirements (7)
- DOT: Traveling with Service Animals with Closed Captioning
- NYC Board of Elections: Video 1 - Communications and Etiquette Part 1
- NYC Board of Elections: Video 2 - Communication and Etiquette Part 2
- NYC Board of Elections: Video 3 - Accessibility Clerk Responsibilities
- NYC Board of Elections: Video 4 - Accessibility Maintenance
- NYC Board of Elections: Video 5 - Verifying Voting Equipment Setup
- NYC Board of Elections: Video 6 - Verifying Temporary Solutions
- Design Solution (2)
- FAQs (2)
- Product Demonstration or Information (5)
- Spirit of the ADA (69)
- "Endless Abilities" Trailer
- "Lead On" - Americans with Disabilities Act 23 years later
- 2017 National ADA Symposium
- A Little job advice from Bill & Jen with Cuquis Robledo
- A Preflight Announcement with Noah Seidel
- A video documentary about the life of Annie Hayes
- ADA Center in Colorado Springs gearing up for 25th Anniversary Video
- ADA25: #3 of 25 -- Title I
- ADA25: Bob's Story
- ADA25: Cindy's Story
- ADA25: Cloritta's Story
- ADA25: Jerry's Story
- At your service. A 20 minute film. Engage customers with disabilities.
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 10 - Restroom Fixtures
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 11 - Stairs
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 12 - Elevators
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 13 - Alarms
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 14 - Tips and Resources
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 2 - Parking
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 3 - Path of Travel
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 4 - Ramps
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 5 - Curb Ramps
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 6 - Doors
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 7 - Halls and Fountains
- Boost Your Business - Chapter 9 - Restroom Clear Space
- Bottom Dollars | A Rooted in Rights Original Documentary
- CVS Health - Don't DIS Me!
- Communicating with people with disabilities: Ask Me First Video
- DBTAC: Accessible Parking With Robert David Hall
- Disability Access - Tips for the small business
- Disability Employment Policy (ODEP): Workforce Recruitment Program Success, Northrop Grumman
- Disability Employment Policy (ODEP): Workforce Recruitment Program Success, SSB BART Group
- Disability Employment Policy (ODEP): Workforce Recruitment Program Success, The Pentagon
- Disability Etiquette 101 Video
- Disability Rights Advocates 2017 Gala Video
- Disability and Employment Resources: SCVRD Part 1
- Driving a Wheelchair Motorcycle in Indonesia - Rolling On, Episode 2
- Employment Today - Chapter 1 - Changes in the Workplace
- Employment Today - Chapter 2 - ADA FEHA Requirements
- Employment Today - Chapter 3 - Duty Statements
- Employment Today - Chapter 4 - Accessible Interviews
- Employment Today - Chapter 5 - Medical Inquiries
- Employment Today - Chapter 6 - Reasonable Accommodation
- Employment Today - Chapter 7 - Undue Hardship
- Employment Today - Chapter 8 - Successful Outcomes
- Exploring São Paulo in a Wheelchair - Rolling On, Episode 3
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Gordon Reetz, Susan Lee and Aaron Reetz - Part 1 of 5
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Gordon Reetz, Susan Lee and Aaron Reetz - Part 2 of 5
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Gordon Reetz, Susan Lee and Aaron Reetz - Part 3 of 5
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Gordon Reetz, Susan Lee and Aaron Reetz - Part 4 of 5
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Gordon Reetz, Susan Lee and Aaron Reetz - Part 5 of 5
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Luise Custer and Charlie Tygiel Part 1 of 4
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Luise Custer and Charlie Tygiel Part 2 of 4
- HEALTHCARE STORIES - Luise Custer and Charlie Tygiel Part 4 of 4
- How Crime Affects People With Disabilities Video PSA Part 1
- How Crime Affects People With Disabilities Video PSA Part 2
- How You Can Help People in Wheelchairs Navigate Their City
- How to Interact with Customers with a Disability
- Improving Customer Service for People with Disabilities Video
- Inclusion in Every Play
- JUST ASK | Sensory Disability Awareness Film
- Jennifer Keelan, 08 of 12: "Climbing the Capitol Steps for ADA"
- KMIR 6 News story: Jack Nicklaus helps fund golf course for wounded veterans
- Keeping Web Accessibility In Mind
- McGuire VA Medical Center 3-D Printing Program to Assist Veterans in Rehabilitation
- No Barriers USA - The Lives We Changed in 2015
- People with disabilities have a glass ceiling, too
- Pepsi with Brigid presents: The Penelope Impact - The impact of one child on a community
- Upcoming Events (10)
- Abilities EXPO - Toronto 2019
- (Dis)abling Comics, “Cripping” the Comic Con, and Accessible Technologies
- ADA Live! Episode 54: Disability and Aging: Community Living and Policy
- ADA Live! Episode 56: Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance
- ADA Shop Talk Episode 046 – A $240,000,000 Barrier Removal Project with Kaylan Dunlap & Bill Zellmer
- Abilities EXPO - Los Angeles 2019
- Abilities EXPO - New York Metro
- IDeA Universal Design E-World Online Training Course - UD and Interior Environments (07/12/2019 - 08/09/2019)
- JAN Webcast: ADA Basics - Competence Builds Confidence
- JAN Webcast: ADA Update
- Links (535)
- Publication (8)
- 2017 Report to Congress on Young Adults and Transitioning Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- AIA White Paper: A Proposal for additions to accessibility Standards for Nursing Home & Assisted Living Residents in Toileting and Bathing
- Access to Health Care for People with Disabilities
- Creating Welcoming Mental Health Work Environments
- Enhancing Airport Wayfinding for Aging Travelers and Persons with Disabilities
- Good Practices of Accessible Urban Development: Making Urban Environments Inclusive and Fully Accessible to ALL
- New Mobility
- PN Online
- News/Social Media (4)
- Nonprofit Organization (31)
- Publication (8)